Jerome R. Eatman Jr.
Jerome R. (“Jerry”) Eatman, Jr., is a partner in Lynch & Eatman, L.L.P. Jerry grew up in Raleigh and returned home to practice law in 1982 upon graduation from UNC School of Law. From 1987 to 1993 Jerry was a partner in the firm of Poyner & Spruill where his practice was focused on commercial real estate and land use and zoning matters.
At Lynch & Eatman since 1993, Jerry has worked with developers, land owners and agribusiness interests on a variety of land use, environmental, development, financing, and restructuring projects.
Jerry has long been active in a number of environmental and conservation groups. He is a former state board member of the Coastal Conservation Association and served six years as a board member of the Pamlico-Tar River Foundation (now Sound Rivers), serving three years as its president. In 2016 Lynch & Eatman received special recognition from Sound Rivers for its pro bono legal representation of Sound Rivers and other environmental organizations.
- Commercial Real Estate
- General Business
- Commercial Debtor Protection
- Land Use and Zoning
- North Carolina, 1982
- U.S. Tax Court, 1989
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina, 2015
- University of North Carolina School of Law, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- J.D. - 1982
- University of North Carolina , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- B.A. - 1979
- Regulation of Wireless Communications Towers, NCBA Seminar
- Handling Client Funds and Trust Fund Maintenance, NCBA Real Property Section Annual Meeting
- Joint Ventures with Lenders, NCBA Commercial Real Estate Seminar
- Future Advance Lending, NCBA Commercial Real Estate Seminar
- “Trust Fund Regulations, Conflicts of Interest, Investing with Clients and Officer and Director Liability,” NCBA Real Property Section Newsletter – 4-part Ethics Article
- “Leasehold Lending and Deeds of Trust,” NCBA Real Property Section Newsletter
- Drafting Opinion Letters (Seminar Paper and Presentation), NCBA Real Property Section Annual Meeting, 2006 – Present
- Ground Leases – Landlord’s Perspective, NCBA Real Property Hot Topics, 2009 – Present
- North Carolina Bar Association, Member
- Chi Phi